Inheritance, wills and probate
Losing a loved one is always a difficult time for all those involved. Unfortunately, it is also a common time when disputes arise over a variety of matters related to someone passing. These can be from funeral arrangements to estate disputes. Naturally, it can be very difficult to resolve disputes during this time, and if litigation is required, this can not only add to the distress but also considerably erode the value of an estate.
Mediation is an efficient and cost-effective way of resolving disputes in these difficult circumstances, helping to provide peace of mind and save/restore relationships that could otherwise be lost through the protracted litigation process.
Advantages of inheritance, wills and probate mediation
- Cost – much cheaper than settling the dispute through litigation, helping to preserve as much of the estate as possible
- Time – much quicker than the litigation process, allowing disputing parties to focus on grieving their loved one
- Communication – gets people talking to each other, giving a better chance for relationships to be preserved and/or restored
- Less formal – the prospect of going to court can be quite daunting and stressful, especially during times of loss. Our mediations will take place in friendly environments, at neutral venues
- Control – parties have control over the process and the outcome. Agreements can be tailored to suit the specific needs of those involved